Monday, March 30, 2009

A marathon day

I'm very happy with my run. I still had some fuel in the tank at the end and booted it back to the store with good speed. It was a beautiful, sunny, gorgeous spring day to be out running for three hours and I had a great time with my running mates. I ended the 21 miles thinking "I could run a marathon today" and that's exactly how I hope to end all my final long runs before a marathon because it puts you in a good head space.
Then we went over to Coco's for a smorgasbord of delectable food and wine. Po brought her beau (I like it cause it rhymes) from New York. I don't think we scared him too badly. We were mostly (drunk) well behaved. He seems really nice and I was happy to see Po happy. Everyone was happy. What a happy day!
God the food was good. I ate and drank too much.
Woke up full and sore and hungover. Made dinner for Michael (secretly) while he was at work so he won't have to cook when he comes home.
He washed my windows the other day. He comes over Saturday and I wasn't ready for the 10 mile run yet so he said "No problem. It'll give me time to wash your windows", whips out a squeegee and washes my living room and bedroom windows. I am not making this up.
Must shower now. I rewarded a long run with a short run. Only five miles. I need to burn off the 64,000 calories I consumed yesterday.
Fack it was good.
It has been too long since the last wine club. They're always so much fun: such great conversation and wine and food and lots of laughs. Everyone's so interesting and we all have interesting and unique things going on in our lives.
I'll have to set up a post Boston wine club.
Ta, kiddies!

No comments: